Saturday, September 7, 2013

Book Review-Dogs Of Dreamtime by Karen Shanley

Dogs Of Dreamtime: A Story About Second 
Chances and The Power of Love
By Karen Shanley






A friend loaned Dogs of Dreamtime to me. She thought it would be my kind of book. Her prediction proved to be correct. At first, I think I was a bit skeptical that the author’s original Sheltie Kiera, could come back in the form of a second dog. By the middle of the book I was a believer.

Karen Shanley has written a memoir of her life with three dogs with some very special coyotes. It is mystical, spiritual, and will bring a few tears. Dogs of Dreamtime will resonate with you if you have ever loved and lost a dog. 

Dogs of Dreamtime was originally published in 2005. Keira is now 13 years old and this fall suffered from Geriatric Canine Vestibular Disease. It has been a slow and not complete recovery for Keira. Karen shares her experiences in living with an older dog and all of her other animals on her place. Like most of us, her family has an array of critters, not just one dog. 


After returning the copy back to my friend, I decided I couldn't live without it on my bookshelves. Not only do I now have my own copy, it is a hardback. Yea for ABE books!  


The original hard back (the one on my library shelf)

Karen Shanley now writes a blog titled Author Mom With Dogs where she just talks about animals and life in general. She's a nice person to hang around in the blogosphere. I enjoyed her book and am now enjoying her online musings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always like hearing from people!