Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sign Of The Poodle

 Today, we are taking part in two blog hops. We have never done this before and so will see how it works. The two hops are Barks And Bytes Blog Hop kindly hosted by 2 Brown Dawgs and Heart Like A Dog and Thoughtless Thursday by Ruckus the Eskie.


Today's post is a fun one. I wanted to find a variety of signs with Poodle images. I was finding so many that I am going to make this a two part-er. Today's is concentrating on architecture and places, mostly vintage. So here goes and I hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed finding.



Vintage Motel Sign in Australia-It is now in storage and
some are upset that it was not been put back up somewhere.
It had been an iconic landmark between Broadbeach and
Surfers Paradise. Click here for the article.
It is on the historic register. 



A vintage photo during the 60's in Washington state-
found at Roadside Pictures at Flick-river.



This is located in Fife, Washington, I Found this at  The Odyssey Show.
It was taken around '04. I am sure it is the same restaurant that
is in the previous earlier shot.





Same sign but in it's neon glory at night. Found at
Dipity on Flickr.




Again, from the Gold Coast



Again, found this one on Flickr


Matchbook cover-I had to  include it but could not
find an actual place named Pink Poodle Lounge.




This Stephen Fowler poster conjures images for one cool place.  I got this one
for myself. You can find it at Amazon. And there are other cute dog
breed posters where this one came from. How about the Jack
Russel Coffee Company?





One of my editors hard at work
(giving me a discerning eye)




1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic collection! I think the last one might be my favorite -- not to mention, it's very similar to a current trend of graphic arts.

    Or maybe I just want that martini :)

    ReplyDelete

We always like hearing from people!